Tuesday 3 March 2015

No Regrets

On my deathbed I will ask myself two things – “Did I love fearlessly and did I forgive wholeheartedly?”
  
My closure on this life will be facilitated by whether I loved and how well I expressed that love to those it was intended for. Did I tell those dearest that I loved them? Did they know it and feel it? Was my love unconditional and real? The quality of my love will be directly proportionate to my state of peace and well-being.

My peacefulness will also depend on whether I have resolved my past and whether I said “I am sorry". I will need to have cleared my list of those whom I offended or those who may carry resentment towards me for anything I did, said or thought, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I will need to have forgiven myself for all my actions, words or intentions. And I will need to have forgiven those whose actions or inactions, whether intentional or not, caused me to suffer.

I will have peace accepting that my parents did the best job they knew how to do. Everything they said, did or thought of me, was merely a reflection of their own journey and all of their life lessons. I will have absolute forgiveness knowing that I was just as imperfect a daughter as they were parents and that is exactly how it is meant to be. 

I will ask my parents for their forgiveness, whether they are alive or not. 

I will forgive myself my weaknesses, my humanness and all the mistakes I made, because my experiences shaped me. The greed, impatience and carelessness with which I sometimes lived my life were the teaching from which I awakened.

Knowing that I loved openly and fearlessly and that I was always quick to show my remorse when I messed up (which was frequently), will be the two healing salves that free me from all guilt. 

Love and forgiveness are the yin and yang of my existence. They are my reason for being, my personal expression of who I am and the theme of my every experience in this lifetime. They are central in my journey to wholeness and to leaving a legacy to my bloodline.

Love and forgiveness are the reason I know I will make the shift from this Earthly realm into that of ‘amness’ with grace and ease.

Make your life count. Clear your lists and live courageously. Say: “I’m sorry. Forgive me. I love you.” You’ll be so glad you did.

All my love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment