Sunday 2 December 2012

Love Rules

How many lifetimes have we wasted obsessing about how others do things, trying to win arguments, trying to get people to see things from our point of view, trying to find perfectly like minded people? Isn't it exhausting?

Why do we need to be understood, validated and assured? Why do we constantly seek the company of those who won't challenge us? Why do we feel the need to assert our cleverness and boast our superiority? Why do we need to judge others as evil, bad, unworthy or less evolved? Why do we need to be right and everyone else wrong?

The answer: EGO

If we were to spend a tenth of the time we spend criticising and judging others rather focusing on  love and being a transmitter of compassion, we'd witness a miracle beyond belief.

To be without ego, we need to be void of thought forms and words. We need to be in the gap between the past and the future. We have to be split second present in the constantly recurring 'now'. Imagine if each one of us were to invest 2 and a half hours a day in that oneness with our creator, in that space of no judgement, just pure essence, just vibrating to the rhythm of contented bliss, peace and gratitude. How would that affect the quality of our lives? How would that spill over into our world around us?

Actually, for a miracle to occur it only takes a split second of being without ego, in a place void of judgement, in the presence of compassion.

This feeling that I'm talking about, for those who haven't experienced it yet, is the most wondrous and ecstatic feeling, more euphoric than a lifetime of orgasms. The first time I felt this was during meditation on the Part 1, 'Art of Living' Course I attended a few years ago.

To experience oneness with our creator is to awaken from our dream. It is to become aware of the unimaginable power we house within us. When we hold this loving energy at the centre of our life experience then all judgement dissolves. We begin to think like God because we are plugged in. The challenge to ourselves is to stay connected.

I don't want to waste another day, no, not another minute, not another millisecond of my precious life obsessing about what others are or aren't doing. I don't want to have an opinion about every act or occurrence in my world around me. I just want to enjoy my resonance with one and all. I want to squeeze out every bit of joy that is mine for enjoying whist I roam this physical plain. And to do that I can't be putting my nose in other's affairs. My attention needs to be inner focused.

I no longer want to criticise and complain, causing my physical body to suffer and ail. I choose joy and health and peace to be mine.

Instead of fighting you I am now loving you
Instead of criticising you I'm seeing you in all your beauty
Instead of questioning you I am now accepting you
Instead of keeping score I am forgiving you

All this precious time I've wasted
All the pain and suffering I've caused in futile ego battles
My love is far greater than these silly games

Love is who I am
Love is power
Love is the way and...
Love rules!

I love you ‘til it aches in that place where love sits and the ache feels so good that I never want to stop loving.
 
Let's see how much love we can mutiply this week. See how much joy you can squeeze out of your existence even if you have to cut the bottom of the tube off to extricate the last drop.

I love and you're next!

Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment