Sunday 16 December 2012

Relax

A sweet angel dropped me the line : "Relax in your enthusiasm and willingness to be spiritual.  
There is no need for much effort. When we relax we blossom and open up to GRACE."
 
I immediately identified how I have been trying to grow and improve myself and yet in my trying I have created much stress for myself. Trying implies that I have still got work to do to improve, that I am not fully evolved and that I am not satisfied with who I am.

Osho says in his book 'Intimacy' "When you stop improving yourself, life improves you. In that relaxation, in that acceptance, life starts caressing you, life starts flowing through you."

I realise that I need to accept myself as I am even though it goes against my conditioning, my education, my religion, my ego.

Osho goes on to say, "What is the beauty of the poor flower? It is in utter acceptance. It has no program in its being to improve. It is here now - dancing in the wind, taking a sunbath, talking to the clouds, falling asleep in the afternoon warmth, flirting with the butterflies.... enjoying being, loving, being loved."

So my message today is short and sweet. As I pack my belongings into my suitcase and prepare for a month of holidaying at the Vaal river, I am going to be like a flower. I am going to bask in 'being-ness'. I am going to relax and stare at the clouds. I am going to bask in the glorious warmth of the sun's rays. I am going to embrace acceptance of my being without need of doing or becoming anything other than that which I am.

And I already feel the weight of self judgement and anxiety dropping from my shoulders. I feel as though I am already lying on the banks of the river. I am there.

Wherever you are this Christmas may you feel complete and satisfied in the knowledge that you are exactly where you are meant to be. You are exactly who you are meant to be and you need do nothing to make yourself anything more or less to diminish or increase your worth.

May you enjoy your rest. May you revive your spirit and I look so forward to touching base with you again in the New Year.

Have a blessed Christmas

with all my love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment