Monday 30 July 2012

My Confession

Whilst I was doing my awakened meditation on my stationary bike this morning, I mulled over what Spirit has been gently nudging me to see.

As the queen of fair and the champion supporter of the under dog, I had to take a look in the proverbial mirror and weed out some deeper undealt with layers of judgement and criticism.

Oh, I do love life and the way she surreptitiously offers us opportunities to reflect through the eyes of others and by discerning some sense of unease, nudges us to take a closer look within and find that very aspect of ourselves, so beautifully and carefully hidden.

The warning light that I have been detecting in everything around me, is just my centre of love calling for me to wake up and shed another layer of unlove, so that love can flow out of me.

We are all such masters of detecting those attributes we don't love in others. But how often do we spend the time to make the connect and fathom that the very thing that cries reject, resist, disgust, is housed within us? It is love's way of trying to offload the layers of debris it finds itself buried in.

Wow! This is such a simple and yet most profound message.

I now stand before myself and open my heart and what do I see?

I see years of discrimination and judgement, so entrenched by intellectualised justifications. And I know that the only way forward is to offload these outdated opinions thereby allowing the love of God to fill the newly vacated space.

I ask myself, "How in the name of God/Love can I justify any thought of judgement towards any other in how they choose to express their love?"

The answer is of course, "I can't"

If I am created out of love, in the image of love, then I am Love, as we all are. Then how can I not love every single thing about every other being, unconditionally. We all have the same God energy at the centre of our being. It may be that some of us have more blockages and deceptive layers shrouding our most valuable inheritance, but we all have at our core a huge dollop of God's love.

All we need do is start to see and experience life from this centre and not from the eyes of our egos.

So, after beating around the bush, I wish to spill my confession.

"I have been judging others religions."

What a relief it is to shed that baggage I've been carrying for an eternity. How blind I have been as I clung to my prejudiced self righteousness.

In my valiant quest for seeking one love and one God who is the master of all, I chucked the baby out with the bath water. I wrote off the individual pursuits of so many like minded individuals, whose only purpose like mine, is to seek closer intimacy with our creator. Through this arrogance, I created separation from my source and creator and therefore also between myself and others.

My challenge to me this week, is to return to the church of my youth and go and celebrate my new found connect with Love. If I am free of judgements and I am operating from my centre of Love, which I acknowledge is my inherent nature, then I am able to fellowship with and celebrate God's joy with every other person who's desire is the same. It does not matter what form that takes. It doesn't matter that the outer packaging is different. As long as the intent is to access love, then love triumphs and goodwill is done to earth and beyond.

I feel an outpouring of compassion for myself as love fills the vacancy created when judgement left. I have compassion for myself in the knowing that more opportunities will present themselves to unleash my prejudices as I journey to fully access my soul. I forgive myself my double standards and release myself from any attachment to guilt. I am free.

As I embark on this first second of the rest of my awakened journey, it is my intent to walk this Love into every situation, experience and chore I have set before myself this week. As I go about my daily doings I am going to be the LOVE that resides in me.

I am so excited to welcome what new challenges life has in store for me.

May you be blessed with God's richest joy this week

love
Nicolette



No comments:

Post a Comment