Sunday 22 July 2012

Satiate my Soul

What does my soul crave?

It craves intimacy with other souls. It seeks an intimacy, not with words, nor with the physical act of love, but rather a mutual seeing and being. It longs for fellowship and an unwritten understanding with others, a communion of being that is free of guilt or obligations or conditions. An understanding that surpasses cultural bias, education, class or upbringing. It is a connect, a communion without man made laws or prejudices.

What could be more comforting than the reciprocal sharing of unconditional love? I wonder if that is a fantasy that my ego has manufactured or whether it is a state that is indeed possible in this life time. I am convinced that it is this yearning which drives humanity to keep on seeking intimacy in partnership.

I ask myself why we humans seek partnership and the answer I get is "companionship". We try and find someone who is the same as us, but invariably find our opposite, because we're focusing on our outer attributes. We spend the rest of our time together trying to make that other a carbon copy of ourselves, fighting and struggling to align their outer character to ours, forgetting our true nature which is spirit and which is identical. Our egos battle it out as we challenge one another and the power shifts from one to the other. Relentlessly we continue the search for companionship. Often times we stick out turbulent relations just because of the fear of being alone in the material world.

It seems that so much of the stuff of relationships is shrouded by our over controlling egos. And yet somewhere deep down inside myself I detect a glimmer of fire. It is the yearning of my soul. My soul seeks fellowship, closeness, love. This companionship is far deeper than the outer layer of fulfilling loneliness with material gratification, group identity or human presence.

I struggle as I try and put this feeling into words. You see, I don't believe that the loneliness I feel when I am surrounded by people is solely a feeling of separation caused by my ego. I intuit that this loneliness is my soul's inherent need to connect with other souls, the soul of the universe.

I believe we have more than one fellow soul or soul mate. I also believe that the intimacy we seek need not be sexual or physical. Our souls seek to connect with and relate to and merge in union with others who frequent the same space of love and passion for being.

We all seek a significant other or others whom we can confide in about matters close to the heart, someone who won't judge us or feel threatened by our opinions, someone who sees us, who really gets us, someone who doesn't need to convert us, someone who meets us on our spiritual path. We seek company for our soul. When two souls merge, the result is a feeling of warmth and comfort, a sense of relief, a feeling of contentment like when you arrive home. It is like finding your family.

It is this yearning that I believe is at the core of our quest for intimacy with others. It is a pure spiritual need of our souls, which are small portions of God energy. We yearn to anchor ourselves to other pieces of God energy. It is a way of finding ourselves in the collective by piecing together all our souls like a great big puzzle and in so doing, realising our identity which is God. When we gather in union with other like, loving souls we gather power and it feels good. It satiates our souls.

We need to reach out and connect with all our soul pieces. It is not that we need just one intimate soul connection. We need one another. We need us. All our relationships ought to be love relationships and then.....we will feel like we have found our family.

I see you, I feel you, I know you fellow soul

blessings and love

Nicolette



No comments:

Post a Comment