Monday 30 April 2012

Whose Reality is it Anyway?


A friend remarked, the other day, that she’s a realist and she sees things as they really are, which really provoked my challenging mind into overtime. You see, I have been labelled before as a ‘hopeless optimist’ by one of my client’s husbands, which I have to mention, has become one of my ardent readers.

You see, I really don’t believe in one truth, but rather many interchangeable truths, as you well know, if you’ve been reading my blogs. Don’t we create our very own environment by the thought processes we initiate? Don’t we often buy into whatever society has conditioned us to believe? Is it normal to suffer depression and take medical drugs to suppress it? Are we just victims of circumstance?

I ask you to step out of your preconditioned, media contaminated brain just for one second and step into my reality, just for a few minutes.

Thoughts are energy and that has been proven by double blind tests as well as by Dr M. Emoto with his ‘The  Secret Life of Water.’

The power of our thoughts is huge. Thoughts can be like guns. They can slay the enemy or they can heal. Which thoughts do you choose. What is your reality?

The only reality I know is that I am a spiritual being having a physical experience. I have been born into this world and I know that at some point my spirit will escape my body at the time of my physical death. I do not fear death as I know that spirit which is pure energy, can never be destroyed. It can only be transferred into another form.

All the rest of the events between my birth and death are changeable and determined by the choices I make on the journey. I know that I can choose to be positive and happy by selecting positive thoughts. I utilise this technique on a daily basis. I have literally turned a depressive state into an extremely happy one by choosing to do so.

If you’ve never done this, you have got to try. It does take work and determination, but if you are prepared to seek its powerful outcome, you will most certainly become a master at it.

I remember a year ago. It was the day before my 49th birthday. I was home alone as my boys were all partaking in a wake boarding event which was going to keep them from me on the day of my birthday also. The prospect of a gift was dismal to say the least and I had expressed my wish to have a statue of a Buddhist monk which was being ignored. I can remember dragging myself out of bed that morning and feeling terribly depressed. I felt unloved, alone and totally in my own little pity party.

I made a choice to not dwell on my misery and to do what I could to change the status quo, so I got out my camera, as I was needing some photos for a workshop I was giving and engaged myself in trying on different outfits and makeup, setting up my camera to take multiple shots with the built in automatic timer. The whole exercise probably lasted an hour, but at the end of it I had created some really good photos and was starting to feel empowered.

I then phoned a friend, who is a very good photographer, and asked her if she could take some additional photos of me with some live models. That arranged for a little later, I headed out to buy my statue, my gift from the boys to me. My day ended by drinking gorgeous red wine with my friend and her husband. I returned home elated and full of joy.

Replay the DVD and input some different data. I could have stumbled to the kitchen and reached for some comfort food to ease the pain. Indulging in my chocolate binge, I could have loathed myself for my pathetic weakness and depressing life. After all, no one understood me or cared about me. If they did they would not be enjoying their passions but bowing to mine. There are so many interchangeable truths here. I’ll leave you to imagine up the rest: slitting my wrists, taking an overdose, blaming the world and venting to a friend about my life in tatters.

Now, all that said. I challenge you if you’ve never tried it. Go ahead and plan a happy day for yourself. You deserve it.

Well, that’s my reality anyway and I’m sticking to it

Love you awesome being of light

Nicolette




No comments:

Post a Comment