Monday 2 April 2012

Every Little Bit

Today I feel small and insignificant. Do you ever feel like you're just not making any impact, that your playing in this huge universe is making no inroads at all?

If I die today, would I have effected any change amongst humanity? What good did I do? Who benefited from my being here? Was my life a testimony to others to strive to be the incredible players that they are? Am I doing my utmost to be the best I can be? Or will all of this end up being in vain?

Three occurrences happened to me when I switched on my computer this morning.

Stacey sent me a beautiful e-mail video, titled: 'Don't judge a book by its cover' in which a very large and scruffy looking teenager auditioning for 'Britains Got Talent', picks up the microphone and belts out an incredible piece of opera, to a tumultuous standing ovation.

Then I opened a mail from my niece, Hollee, about how often we have our eyes on what everyone else is doing and achieving instead of nurturing and tending what we've got. It's not about the grass being greener on the other side, which it actually is. The lesson is this: The grass is greener where you water it!

So, the onus is on each of us, to not sit back complacently and complain, but rather to make use of our god given talents and work on refining them and honing them with repetitive attempts until we create something of refined beauty and awe. The seeds of potential we have all been given will not grow unless we water them diligently.

And the last piece of inspiration came from Pierre in the form of a quote:
                                          
"Do your little bit of good where you are;
it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world      
                                                                       -     Desmond Tutu

So, with new found inspiration, I dust myself off and remind myself that everyone who ever climbed to the top of the ladder, did so with many repeated failed attempts and perhaps little encouragement from the side lines. Every one of us has to do the work ourselves. There are no shortcuts. We cannot pay someone else to water our grass for us. It is our life and we will reap what we sow and nurture. What we get out is exactly what we put in.

Whether it is our relationships, our work, our passions or our ministries, we are only as good as the amount of time we have invested therein.

Keep doing good! Keep on believing in your dreams and keep on practising!
Remember, Gary Player said: "The more I practise, the luckier I get."

And let's try not to focus on our destinations, but rather on where we put our next foot, just little bit by little bit. I hope you feel encouraged to keep taking it just one rung at a time to the top of your ladder.

Tell yourself that you believe in you
Give yourself the thumbs up!
and keep on practising!

Have an exciting week of reaping the fruits of your hard labour or just keeping your head to the grindstone. Wherever you're at, is exactly where you're meant to be

love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment