Tuesday 26 August 2014

I NEED YOU. YOU NEED ME


 


It was during my ‘Facing your Fears’ mini workshop that I released my own fear of becoming dependent on others. This letting go has proved so profound and so needed in my life. I had no idea of how my unwillingness to accept help affected those around me. My need to be in control meant that I was living in a self-righteous delusion of wholeness and independence.

Undressing my fear of depending on others, I have come to realize that I am interdependent with everyone and everything on this planet. I need others as much as I need fresh air, potable water, fresh food and sunshine. I need others, because without their help I am closed to all of life’s blessings. By playing solo I am playing small. Without others I am cut off from the universal well of love and I am swimming against the tide.

I realize that my standing alone was a weakness based on fear, not a strength, as I mistakenly thought. I cannot take credit for any of my accomplishments. I am what I am because of who we all are. We exist because of each other, and not for ourselves.

I realize that my strength lies in my ability to accept the help from the community and to surround myself with a diverse array of people. When I am one, I only have the power of a single woman. But when I align myself to the giant web of interconnectedness, I am as powerful as the whole of humanity. 

I need you and you need me. This is a Divine equation. It is not a luxury or a selfishness, nor a sign of weakness or fear. I need to give my all, and I need to give myself permission to accept the help and gifts from others. We are only as strong as the combined reciprocation of our shared talents.

We really are more alike than we are often prepared to admit. Calvin, my oldest son, shared his wisdom. “We are all like taps.” Taps allow water to pass through them. Likewise, we are conduits for energy to pass through. We are transmitters of love. And just like taps, some of us have an even flow, whilst others of us are gushers. Some of us are more like full shower heads and others of us drip all day long.Some taps are ornate, even ostentatious. Some are masterpieces and yet others are basic and functional. It doesn’t matter whether you are a pretty tap or a practical one, our function is the same.

Our power lies in our ability to channel the energy of love, not in focusing on our physical differences and our separateness. Our purpose is to know ourselves fully, to experience our oneness and to share what we have with one another. I need you and you need me.

Tap into your power this week and experience oneness.

Have a fabulous week 

love
Nicolette                                          
                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment