Sunday 1 June 2014

TICK TOCK



Did you know, you can sell your time, but you can never buy it back again? When you look at it like that, you have every good reason to make use of every millisecond of your time for the purpose of pursuing your passions.

From the time you were born, the clock ticks away, notching off the days and hours until the only assured event in your life which is your physical death.

Time is the most valued asset we have. That is perhaps why time is my love language. Time, when given to me is more valuable than gold. It is my most prized gift. When another person gifts me with their time, I feel honoured, validated and cared for. I feel seen. When another gives selflessly of their time to listen, to share, to help out, to soothe my aching muscles or heal my sore heart, I feel deeply blessed. Time is like quicksilver. You cannot own it, touch it, see it or buy more of it. You have to appreciate it, bask in it and enjoy it in the ‘now’. Time is for living wholeheartedly and to the fullest. The time I have left is so precious. I don’t want to waste another day of my life, weighed down with unresolved issues from my past. 

Let’s face it, every sixty minutes I invest in being angry, bitter, judgemental or unforgiving, is a full hour of happiness I can never get back. 

This moment now is all I have got. It is the only moment that is guaranteed. I cannot assume to know how many days I have left. I want to spend them doing what fulfills and satisfies my soul. These endeavours are the treasures that are the memories that will be bubble wrapped with my soul for eternity.

This week may you invest your time wisely in choices that illuminate your soul?

Blessings of love
Nicolette

P.S. If you haven’t as yet booked for the first of my FORGIVENESS mini-workshops which kick off this Friday 6th or Saturday 7th, then R.S.V.P. soonest on nicolette@forgiftyourself.com. We will be journeying through the process, the motions and emotions of healing the past, letting go and regaining presence and the life you so deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment