Monday 26 May 2014

Listen!



I awoke to Creator’s voice yesterday morning. It was a single word and the word was “Listen!” It was direct, unmistakeable and loud.

I decided to sit up and take note and used the day to play observer rather than doer. This is quite a contradiction for me because I am usually so busy plotting, planning, questioning, problem-solving, researching, reading and writing.  

So here’s what I had to do. First, I had to empty my expectations, my preconceptions, my history, my knowledge and my beliefs. Because as long as I held the beliefs that had got me to where I was, I would not be open to hearing that which fell outside of my programming and habitual practice. I literally had to become a blank page. I then had to become silent. I needed to be like an empty vessel waiting to be filled. I had to take on the role of observer. In this space I needed to place my ego to the side and I had to let go of any time constraints and have patience.


To listen is not to hear, but rather to give oneself over in complete surrender, allowing wisdom with grace and ease. In this process it is as if time ceases. You can only listen in a place of Spirit. As soon as ego pops in to visit, it becomes a contest of challenge and the pearls of wisdom become side-lined and fall to the floor, completely wasted.
 
And so it was that yesterday unfolded and the number of synchronicities was unbelieveable. I kept hearing the voices of others reinforcing the same few messages, “Listen”, “Patience” and “Balance” and I did.

My prayer for you is that you honour yourself, step aside from your ego, become like a blank page and surrender to the wisdom within. You’ll be amazed by what you learn.

Have a beautiful week

Love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment