Monday 12 November 2012

Secrets

I abhor secrets. I battle to keep surprises like presents under wraps. It is not easy for me to withhold information from anyone. I remember my late mom telling me once that I was one of the most honest people she knew. And yet I have secrets.

Why would I withhold information from anyone? Because I fear their wrath. I fear their judgement. I fear conflict. Or perhaps to the contrary, I fear embarrassing, humiliating, offending or hurting another.

What do all these scenarios have in common? Fear.
And fear and secrets are bosom buddies.

All fear and secrets are a blockage to God's divine love. They act as a tourniquet to the one and only TRUTH, the flow of life force through our veins.

Haven't we noticed the relief on a person's face when they spill and confess. I was watching Carte Blanche the other night when one of Lance Armstrong's team mates confessed his use of drugs in the Tour De France. In closing he shared how free he finally felt now that he had let it all out. The relief was palpable on his face.

I bet you're thinking that withholding information from someone is a secret held for their highest good. I would disagree. We never know what lessons others need to evolve to their highest good. It is by our experiences and life lessons that we evolve and grow.

All I know is that when we withhold or store knowledge it is like placing water from the river of life into a large bucket and removing it from its source. It is to hide that water in a dark place away from the sunlight. What happens to water once it is removed from its life force energy? It becomes stagnant. The life goes out of it. It dies. Try and hold that bucket of water in the main stream of the river and witness the immense pressure buildup. You cannot secret away any of truth, love and knowledge without creating a tumultuous explosion. The truth always has a way of becoming known. The river of life and love will find a way of restoring the status quo. No secret that ever was or is will remain so.

The next thing I observe about my fears is that they are all of causing emotion. Secrets are the fear of causing emotions of being judged and victimised, of causing anger, hurt or humiliation. I ask myself: "Am I responsible for causing another person's feelings? Aren't feelings caused by our own choices? Aren't they navigation tools to guide us to our truth and don't we relish in our emotions when we allow our egos to sabotage us?"

If we are self loved and inwardly complete without need of praise, affirmation or approval from any other and if our egos surrender to our highest will, there should be no need for secrets. No truth can cause any harm to our higher spirit self. The only harm felt is by the ego which is our false sense of self. In fact I recently heard the suggestion that if our higher self is our Christ self, then our ego is the Anti Christ.

Surely then if we suffer at the expense of someone spilling their confessions, it is because we are so steeped in the opinions and rantings of our conditioned egos and perhaps our love is conditional. My right may be someone else's wrong. So in that case must I withhold my right so as not to wrong another? I seriously am of the opinion that we have to let the river flow. We have to allow the cause and effect. We cannot play God. We can only live our truth. Because by withholding our truth we create blockages and dis-ease within which in turn creates a ripple affecting all those in our midst.

So I ask myself: "Why do I do it?" "Does it matter if I am Judged? Isn't it better for my health and inner peace to flow with my truth, whatever the outcome? There will always be those who agree and those who don't, but we can't seek to please everyone because then we'll be living in denial and that is the worst secret of all. To deny oneself is to halt the inner flow of love and to create separation from our source.

I have spoken my truth. I look forward to hearing yours.
Have a wonderful week

in love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment