Monday 19 December 2011

New Year


I don’t know about you, but I can feel an insurmountable build up of stagnant, dead energy that is furiously trying to force its way on humanity. It feels like a great tsunami is about to burst forth. Can you feel it?

Am I alone?

 I feel like the old energy is finding its way to my shores. And by the way we are heading for Bali in 3 days time and the family have been forewarned that should they notice the shoreline receding, they are to head instantaneously for higher ground.

I am soooo ready to climb to higher ground.

I feel the only way to avoid inevitable toxic submergence is to raise ourselves up and start to listen.

 We need to follow our intuition.  Now is a time of huge change. We need to listen to the signs. We need to keep our ears to the ground like the wild animals and be receptive to the smallest of changes.

Surprisingly, as we usher in the end of yet another linear year, I honestly can’t say that I feel the closure of one event and the beginning of another. I feel rather, the building of a massive explosive event that is going to separate the open minded and the closed minded, those willing to embrace new ways of doing things and those restricted by the old rote order.

Bev and I went to see the movie, “New Years Eve” on Saturday and as a real sceptic when it comes to traditions, I was  keen to see what buttons the movie pushed for me.

I’ll venture this. The message that stayed with me was that all of us need to be able to draw a line on our pasts. And that line conveniently ends on 31 December every year. We need to  create a better present for ourselves, so we set new intentions, expectations, make new promises and allow ourselves to temporarily believe that tomorrow will be different, a brand new year, perfect and infinitely better than last.
Just because of an invisible line!

We all are guilty of judging ourselves and wishing we’d done better, or living more in our truth, taking more risks and being less serious or stressed.
But each tomorrow is just a continuation of our thought patterns and beliefs we hold today. Our futures are held in the present. Each day heralds a brand new beginning if that is our intention. We don’t need to wait for next year, next month, tomorrow, to turn over a new leaf. Actually, we can do that right here, right now. This moment is the beginning of the rest of our lives.

 So I urge you, don’t wait another second. Please don’t wait for the 31st December when someone is puckering up their lips and uttering a drunken, slurred, “Happy New Year and I hope this year is going to be better than your last.”
Do it right now!

You CAN create the life you want to live and you can do it instantly or not. It’s a choice.

Have a meaningful and introspective festive season  or one of unbridled joy and  frivolity, whichever floats your boat and I look forward to chatting again in 3 weeks time.

Lots of love

Nicolette


No comments:

Post a Comment