Friday 6 February 2015

Crying is the best medicine



Today I am going to challenge the old saying that laughter is the best medicine. I advocate that Laughter is the best beautifier, but crying is the best medicine.

Laughter that hides and masks your suffering is the worst kind of denial you can inflict upon yourself. Some of the world’s best comedians are the most depressed people. Look at Robin Williams for example.

I have spent some time since I last wrote to you, accessing the tears that I have systematically filed away for the past five decades.

Let me tell you, it is not easy to find the key that opens the flood gate doors. It is tricky to coerce the toxic feelings, which are corroding your very cells as we speak, out of the shadows. I want to inform you. It is not a luxury to grieve. It is an absolute necessity.

Unexpressed feelings of sadness, grief, resentment and pain cause huge internal chaos. Repressed emotions turn the body chemistry acid, the perfect environment for disease to flourish. My Mom died of breast cancer three years ago and I have a very strong suspicion that it was as a result of all her repressed emotional pain.

We all have a duty to love ourselves and allow ourselves to grieve. Don’t let the world coerce you into its way of thinking that it is better to put on a brave face and ‘suck it up’. Your stoicism will corrode you from the inside. It is the silent cancer that devours your flesh. Repressing your emotions is lethal for your health. Crying releases the negative energy which is what you want. When you cry beneficial hormones like serotonin are released into your blood stream, which has a detoxifying effect and induces a state of calm.

This past weekend, I spent in silent retreat searching for a key to access my grief. I found my ‘heart song’ which was exactly the elixir I needed. If you need help to vent your stuck negative emotions then click here and you can download my heart song. I will explain to you how to use frequency and movement to open your heart and release your tears.

I also attach an invitation to the CHOCOLATE, LOVE & LAUGHTER workshop that my colleague Bev Wium is hosting with Ute Frauen and myself. Come and join us this Valentine’s Day with beautifying raw chocolate recipes and tasters, tips on making your relationships better and laughter that will give you a radiant facelift.

Have a wonderful week

Love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment