Monday 22 October 2012

Search for the Unseen

In a world that is fixated with things material, striving for physical pleasures that don't bring any lasting happiness, I say: "Look for the unseen".
You've got to use your imagination to really open yourself to see. Search for signs and nuances, look for clues in the great mystery of life.
Don't take everything at face value, but rather dig beneath the skin and expect to find the hidden treasures. Expect the unexpected, because when you do, the magic that is your inheritance is there for the picking.

Life is rich with mysteries and the unexplainable. Dispense with explanations and concrete proof and live each day with the wonderment of a child who still believes in fantasy and miracles.

Find the make believe world in nature. Imagine the bees using the flowers as their doormats to wipe their sticky feet. See the magic in the golden ball of sun as it is swallowed up by the horison. See the spectacular and the miraculous in each new day and never cease to marvel at the hidden mystery of it all.

Step out of your jaded, bored and mundane point of reference. Put on some rose tinted spectacles. Allow yourself to entertain your senses with creative imaginings. Let go of control and parental seriousness. Surrender to the energetic flow of the universe.

Let today be a joyride. Especially today, notice the textures, the tones, the ripples, the insects, the stones.... Notice the miniscule, the smallest details in every situation. Look for the sign language, the unspoken sadness behind the eyes down cast or the arms folded across the chest in protection. See if you can detect the Spirit in every circumstance. See if you can feel the unseen essence that breaths life into us all.

On Thursday last week, whilst I was training Jenny in the gorgeous outdoors, one of her chickens came into distress. It seems that its foot had become trapped under a tray of wheatgrass. Wilson, her bulldog acted as the siren. He had probably witnessed the commotion and barked to alert us, and was then scolded for having caused the plight of the poor chicken. You can imagine the commotion as all the chickens flustered and flapped hysterically to escape Wilson.

Anyhow, Jenny rescued the chicken from its misery and held the petrified little bird in her two hands. She set the bird down on the ground and released it, but it limped about 6 steps and then crumpled in a heap. Clearly its foot had been injured, but when Jenny picked it up again, its little head drooped almost lifelessly.

Assuming the worst, that Wilson had attacked the chicken, I examined the bird for signs of blood or teethmarks and found nothing. There were no signs of sustained injury other than the leg which we'd seen had been trapped, yet the little creature closed its eyes and seemed to surrender to its fate.

Jenny laid the little crumpled body down on the grass in the warm sun to breath its last and went to wash her hands.

I knelt down beside the little creature and stirred with compassion for the chicken in its last moments, I placed my right hand on its small frame. My whole hand covered the small body and I could feel its weak heartbeat and the life force draining from it. The chicken closed its eyes and the eye sockets looked sunken and translucent. I held my hand over the chicken trying to preserve its body heat and I felt this amazing warmth in my hand as the chicken opened its eye and then closed it again. Jenny returned and asked me what I was doing and I must say the word I muttered wasn't from me, though I spoke it, I answered: "healing". Jenny silently crouched down next to me and we waited and watched. Then suddenly the chicken opened its eye again and popped its head up. It laid its head back on the ground as if to rest and then lifted it up once more. I released my hand from over its body and the chicken stood up and walked off.

Jenny and I sat awestruck and speechless in complete wonderment. What we had witnessed defied words. What I had felt was the power of the unseen world. It was as though my hand had been a conduit through which the creative life force passed.

As I drove home I wept in pure wonderment and awe at the magic I am surrounded by. Every moment I breath is magic. Every second of every single day is incredible and serves to remind me to keep 'searching for the Spirit of the Great Heart', as Johnny Clegg so aptly put it in his song. It is this search which produces meaning in a concrete world.

I encourage you, go within and search for the invisible, the intangible. You will find your greatest treasure there.

Have a beautiful day!

in love, awe and gratitude
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment