Monday 4 July 2011

As We Are

I love music and its ability to almost gospel like spread the good word across the world.

I was listening to the words of John Lennon's 'Imagine' and thought they are so timeless and relevant to our needs for today, that I'd share them

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

Wow! Every time I hear those words it feels like the first time. I get goose bumps. I begin to dream of a time when we realise our oneness, that there is no 'me and you or us and them'.

Trying to live by Gandhi's creed of: "we must be the change we want to see in the world", don't we so often see ourselves in the actions of others? Isn't it when we are easily angered by another's doings, that we are simply acknowledging and observing the qualities that we detest in ourselves?

I have an example here. Last week I put my rubbish in one of my neighbour's green bins as I only produce half a bag full of rubbish per week, as I recycle all the rest of my rubbish. It seemed pointless to wheel my whole green bin down the drive for half a bag. Anyhow the short story is, when I returned later the rubbish had been collected and my bag hadn't, so I assume the neighbour in whose bin I'd deposited my bag, had removed it and turfed it onto the pavement.

So the lesson here: Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

I have to giggle because some months ago during the striking of the rubbish collectors, my neighbours had filled my almost empty bin with all of their surplus and we'd been requested to take our wheelie bins back into our yards. I remember cursing as I'd struggled up hill with the overloaded bin of everyone else's waste, especially because I'd had a sore hip.

So, remembering my anger over such a stupid thing, I could only laugh at the absurdity of a neighbour taking my rubbish out of their bin and depositing it onto the pavement.

We certainly do experience the world as we are.

As we are patient and kind, so is our world around us
As we are generous, so is our world a charitable place
As we have no need to judge others, so are we not judged

Wow! I am newly inspired to try again and see myself not as separate, but a part of and inseparable from the ONE universal energy that is LOVE. We are one!

Have an awesome week of loving one and all
and tell as many people as possible including yourself how gorgeous we, you, they are

love

Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment