Monday 3 November 2014

Is it OK to Judge?




With such a prevalence of corruption, murder, rape and violent crime, I ask myself: “Is it right or wrong to judge the misbehaviour?

Are we supposed to heroically turn the other cheek? Should we wear a mask of perfect composure and politely suck it up and forgive all the atrocities and abuse?

Do we continue to forgive and allow the same abuse over and over again?

Most of us are at our wit’s end with politics, up to our eye balls in frustration with the legal system and at a point of desperation with the inhumanity of our world.

The thing that gives me meaning is this:-

I am a Spiritual being having an Earthly, physical experience. I have been gifted with an ego, a mind, an intellect and a full set of emotions for the comprehensive experience of who I am. I am here to master an understanding of my oneness with all through the medium of my separate physical body. My separate identity affords me the experience of Spiritual separation from Creator when I neglect to access the unconditional love within me. I am continually challenged to assess and realise my connection to Spirit through my conflicts and interactions with all the other beings I encounter.

Every physical experience is an opportunity to know myself better and to choose unconditional love. 

I have been gifted with a full complement of feelings from happiness, sadness, hurt, anger, pride, fear, self-confidence and so much more. 

Without sadness I cannot fully experience happiness. Without suffering I am unable to have the opportunity to forgive. Good and bad exist because of each other. We cannot have a complete knowing and understanding of ourselves without bad experiences. I am the person I am because of the hardships I have endured.

So, how do I cope with the atrocities that are rampant in society? These negative events highlight for me that which I don’t choose to be. My intellect discerns for me the difference between good and bad and I know it is not my intention to cause suffering to others because I have been there. I know how it feels to suffer and I know how it feels to make others suffer. 

I know good and bad and I am vocal in empowering others to stand up for themselves against abuse and physical harm. 

Speak up for yourself. Report scandalous behaviour that is cruel, vindictive and self-seeking. Express your feelings of hurt, suffering and rage. God wouldn’t have given you feelings if He intended you to suppress them. Vent them fully and completely so that your perpetrators know exactly how their actions make you feel. Give them the opportunity to repent, but most importantly, don’t hide your feelings because when you do, you store your anger, resentment and bitterness and you carry your undealt with pain into your future as unforgiveness and it will make you ill. 

Remove yourself from abusive situations. Don’t be a doormat for anyone. Stand up for LOVE and your human rights. 

And move forward with acceptance and forgiveness knowing that what happened, happened. The experience doesn’t own you. It doesn’t define you and it wasn’t your fault. It happened and it evolved you to the person you are today - deeper, stronger and more understanding.

In order to forgive others their actions you need to access compassion for them, knowing that you have the same potential for unconscious behaviour.

And Yes, you do judge the horrible actions of your perpetrators as unkind and bad, but you empathise with them in their lack of consciousness. It may be appropriate to take perpetrators out of society, but you still feel for them and their families because they are spiritual beings just like you. And just maybe their crimes were done sacrificially in order for you to grow.

You have the right to judge good from bad, knowing that it is the bad that causes your growth.

I wish you a week of discernment and wisdom.

All my love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment