Monday 20 May 2013

Love Unquestioningly

I've just returned home from a friend's funeral.

It was a very large and beautiful funeral. I know that might sound strange but when you remove the actual cause of death, which on a human level seems pointless and sad, especially considering the fact that Gareth was a young father who was in the prime of his life; the funeral was beautiful because everyone who was there was there because of love.

Before the service I read through the program and the most touching line that resonated for me from one of Gareth's cousins was the line proclaiming, "I hope that Gareth's death will give us some perspective on what is important in life and that is love."

In closing the Reverend David Jones left us with the message that we were all present because of love, love for Gareth, for his family and for each other. That is what gives us meaning and purpose in our lives.

I ask myself what sort of legacy I'd like to leave when I die? And my answer is LOVE. I'd like all who remember me to associate me with comfort, caring, support, listening, laughter, but most importantly love.

After all, why are we here? We come from love and we return to love, but unless we express our love and share it and feel it while we are on Earth, we will experience a life which is futile, reclusive and bitter.

At the wake there were murmurings by some who fear for their lives and are planning their exodus from the crime, and those who expressed their anger and arrogance at the way life so unfairly dealt Gareth his cards.

I still choose to believe that there is purpose in living and there is purpose in dying. And Gareth's death most certainly encouraged me afresh to love more deeply, without holding back, without fear of loss or of not being loved in return. All we have is love and all we need to turn to in times of loss and sadness is love once more.

So In closing, I wish for you that you seek love more earnestly, not in material ways or to fill an emptiness within because that is conditional love; but to reach within and connect with Spirit which is the Divine essence of who we all are. It is this love essence that is the glue that bonds us to one another. Let's choose love. Choose acceptance of how life unfolds. Choose forgiveness and choose to have faith in the outworking of everything for the greater good of all.

Have a beautiful week of loving unquestioningly

love
Nicolette

No comments:

Post a Comment